About the organisation:
Total Marine Technology (TMT) designs and builds remotely operated vehicles (ROV) and other tooling, which is primarily used subsea where such a machine needs to carry out work where no humans can go. TMT also develops and operates a Light Well Intervention (LWI) device and TMT operates such systems across the globe.
TMT is fast to adopt when needed, and its balanced organisational structure enables it to react to client needs rapidly.
People are the greatest asset to any company. TMT is always looking for bright and hard-working individuals who possess the drive and determination to perform well in the subsea industry.
Total Marine Technology, as an Approved Subcontractor, is part of the team designing and building the next generation of Submarine Rescue Service for the Commonwealth of Australia supporting the Royal Australian Navy.
Therefore, we are currently seeking an experienced (V&V) Verification & Validation Engineer related to mechanical, structural and hydraulics disciplines.
The position is offered on a full-time, permanent or 12-month fixed term basis to the right candidate with minimum PR visa who are also eligible for Australian citizenship.
- Undertake verification and validation task related to the submarine rescue system
- Writing V&V work instructions and procedures and liaising with technical write and discipline engineers
- Reporting to project lead and/or the V&V coordinator
What you will bring:
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical/Mechatronics/Structural Engineering discipline
- 3+ years experience in similar position in the navy or defence industry
- High attention o details and understanding how system components interface and interact
- Ability to read and understand drawings and schematics
- Awareness of AS, DNV, API, and ISO drawing standards
- Awareness and understanding of V&V related MIL specifications is highly appreciated
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities at a time
- Perseverant and conscientious mind
- Ideally subsea work experience is preferred; candidates with defence/navy experience are highly encouraged to apply
What is on offer:
Challenging and fast-paced environment where you have the chance to work on systems that no other company can offer in the Southern Hemisphere under the same roof.
Apart from competitive renumeration, various perks are on offer to the right candidate as well such as paid overtime, gym membership contribution, rostered day off every month and of course the culture that comprises individuals with various backgrounds and life experiences.